Fort Worth Catastrophic Injury Lawyer, Serving All of North Texas
Catastrophic injuries can be physically, emotionally, and financially devastating. These types of injuries often result in permanent disability, ongoing medical care, and reduced quality of life. If you or a loved one has sustained catastrophic injuries due to the negligence or wrongdoing of another party, you may be entitled to significant compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
At Varghese Summersett Injury Law Group, we understand how traumatic a catastrophic injury can be. Our team will work diligently to get you the maximum recovery possible. If that means taking your case to trial, so be it. We stay ready. This is your life we are talking about — and we take our responsibility and representation to our clients extremely seriously.
In this article, a Fort Worth catastrophic injury lawyer explains catastrophic injuries, the legal process for recovering compensation in Texas, and how our law firm can help. Most importantly, hiring us will not cost you a dime upfront or out of pocket. We work on contingency, which means we don’t get paid unless you get paid.
You have enough to worry about. Let us take care of the rest.
What are Catastrophic Injuries?
Catastrophic injuries are severe, life-altering injuries that typically involve permanent damage to the body. These types of injuries often result in long-term medical problems, rehabilitation, and an inability to return to work. Examples of catastrophic injuries include:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI): TBIs can cause permanent brain damage and affect a person’s ability to think, communicate and move.
- Spinal Cord Injuries (SCI): SCIs can result in permanent paralysis, leaving someone quadriplegic or paraplegic.
- Amputations: Amputations involve the loss of a limb, such as a hand, leg or hand, due to trauma, infection, or disease.
- Burns: Burns can be incredibly painful and cause permanent disfigurement, scarring and long-term disability.
- Blindness: Blindness can be caused by trauma, infection or disease and often requires specialized medical care.
- Deafness: Deafness can be caused by trauma, infection or disease and may limit a person’s ability to communicate.
- Internal Injuries: Internal injuries can affect a person’s organs, such as their heart, lungs or kidneys.
- Multiple Fractures: Multiple broken bones may require extensive medical treatment, rehabilitation, and physical therapy.
What are Common Causes of Catastrophic Injuries?
Catastrophic injuries can be caused by a variety of circumstances, including but not limited to:
- Construction Accidents
- Defective Products
What is the Diagnosis and Treatment for Catastrophic Injuries in Texas?
Diagnosing and treating catastrophic injuries can be a complex and lengthy process. It typically involves a thorough evaluation by medical professionals to determine the extent of the injury, followed by a comprehensive treatment plan. Treatment may include surgery, rehabilitation, and ongoing, longterm medical care.
How Can a Fort Worth Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Help Me?
A Fort Worth catastrophic injury lawyer can assist in several ways, including evaluating the case to determine if there is a valid claim, gathering evidence to support the claim, negotiating with insurance companies, and representing the injured person in court if necessary. A personal injury lawyer can also help secure compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. With our team of experienced attorneys, we have the resources to fight even the most powerful opponents.
How Do You Pursue Compensation for a Catastrophic Injury in Fort Worth or North Texas?
If you or a loved one sustained catastrophic injuries in North Texas, the legal process for recovering compensation involves filing a personal injury claim or lawsuit. You will need to prove another person was negligent or otherwise responsible for your injuries in order to be successful. Here’s a general overview of the steps involved in the process.
- Contact an experienced personal injury attorney: If you or a loved one suffered a catastrophic injury, it is important to contact an experienced Fort Worth or North Texas personal injury lawyer. An attorney will determine the validity of your claim, what you will need to build your case, and how to proceed. A great place to start is by calling Varghese Summersett Injury Law Group at 817-207-4878 (HURT) for a free consultation with a Fort Worth catastrophic injury lawyer.
- Investigate and Gather Evidence: Your legal team attorney will investigate the circumstances of your accident to determine liability and the extent of the injuries. This includes police reports, medical records, photos from the scene of the accident, witness statements, and all other pertinent information.
- Negotiate with insurance companies: Your Fort Worth catastrophic injury lawyer will handle all contact and negotiations with the insurance companies to see if a settlement can be reached to fully compensate you for all injuries and losses.
- File a lawsuit: If a satisfactory settlement cannot be reached, your legal team will file a personal injury lawsuit on your behalf.
- Trial: If a settlement is not reached, the case will proceed to trial. A judge or jury will hear evidence and make a determination regarding liability and the amount of damages to be awarded.
It’s important to keep in mind that the specific process can vary depending on the facts of your case. This is just a general overview to give you an idea of how a personal injury case may proceed in Texas.
How Long Do I Have to File a Catastrophic Injury Claim?
Under Section 16.003 of the Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code, personal injury claims are subject to a statute of limitations which is two years from the date of injury in most cases. This means you have only two years from the date of your catastrophic injuries to file a claim and receive compensation. If you fail to do so within this time period, you may lose your right to collect damages.
What Kind of Compensation Can You Receive for a Catastrophic Injury?
If you have suffered a catastrophic injury, you may be entitled to recover:
- Economic Damages: This includes reimbursement and future compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, personal property damage, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
- Non-Economic Damages: This includes compensation for past and future pain and suffering, emotional distress, disfigurement or disability caused by the injury.
- Punitive Damages: These are designed to punish a negligent party and deter similar negligent behavior in the future.
It is important to contact an experienced Fort Worth catastrophic injury lawyer to discuss the specifics of your case and determine what kind of compensation for which you may be entitled to receive. The legal team at Varghese Summersett Injury Law Group understands how devastating a catastrophic injury can be for victims and their families. We are here to help.
How Does a Fort Worth Catastrophic Lawyer Determine the Value of a Claim?
The first step in determining the value of a catastrophic injury claim is to assess the extent and nature of the victim’s injuries. When we take on a catastrophic injury case, we partner with experts such as medical professionals, economists, and vocational rehabilitation specialists to determine the full scope of your damages. This involves considering all medical records and bills, lost wages, and other economic damages that can be attributed to the incident. We also take into account intangible factors such as pain and suffering, emotional distress, and reduced quality of life. After all these elements have been assessed, a proposed settlement amount can be determined.
With a catastrophic injury, it’s important to think long-term to ensure you get the resources you need to live a comfortable life after the accident. We don’t just look at the immediate costs — we make sure to consider future medical treatment, lost earning capacity, pain and suffering, and other elements that could affect your quality of life down the road.
What if I Can’t Afford a Fort Worth Catastrophic Injury Lawyer?
If you have suffered catastrophic injuries, paying for a Fort Worth catastrophic injury lawyer should be the least of your worries. That’s why at Varghese Summersett Injury Law Group, we take all of our personal injury cases on a contingency basis. This means you don’t have to pay us any legal fees unless we obtain compensation for you.
Speak to a Fort Worth Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Today.
At Varghese Summersett Injury Law Group, we understand that this is a difficult time for you and your family. You are facing unimaginable physical, emotional and financial hardships. You didn’t ask for this and you shouldn’t have to bear the burden alone. Our personal injury lawyers are here to help you fight for justice and recover the compensation you deserve. We offer free, no-obligation consultations in our Fort Worth office or over the phone. To get started, call us at 817-207-4878 and speak with a Fort Worth catastrophic injury lawyer today.