Fort Worth’s Most Dangerous Roads and Intersections
We get on the roads in Fort Worth every day. Have you ever stopped to wonder what the most dangerous roads in Fort Worth are? Certainly, the 133-car pile-up on I-35 comes to mind, but is that the most dangerous road in Fort Worth?
This article takes a look at the area’s most dangerous roads and intersections. We will discuss high-risk locations, provide tips for avoiding accidents, and explain how our personal injury lawyers at Varghese Summersett can help if you’re involved in an accident.
There were 229 fatal accidents on Tarrant County roads in 2021. That’s a rate of more than 10 deaths per 100,000 residents.
Texas experienced an increase in the number of motor vehicle traffic fatalities. The 2021 death toll of 4,489 was an increase of 15.22% from the 3,896 deaths recorded in 2020.
Tarrant County Traffic Accidents
Tarrant County has seen its share of traffic accidents, with many occurring at high-risk locations. According to the Texas Department of Transportation, there were 3,720 accidents in Tarrant County in 2020.
High-Risk Locations in Fort Worth
High-risk locations are areas where accidents are more likely to occur due to factors such as poor visibility, high traffic volume, or inadequate road infrastructure. Some of these locations include:
- I-35W and I-30 interchange
- Loop 820 and Rufe Snow Drive
- East Lancaster Avenue and Riverside Drive
Worst Intersections in Fort Worth
A 2019 report by DPS listed the following as the most dangerous intersections in Fort Worth:
- East Loop 820 at Meadowbrook Drive
- East Loop 820 at John T. White Road
- East Loop 820 at Randol Mill Road
- East Loop 820 at Brentwood Stair Road
- East Loop 820 at Ramey Avenue
Some of the other worst intersections in Fort Worth are:
- Eastchase Parkway and I-30
- McCart Avenue and Sycamore School Road
- Hulen Street and I-20
These intersections are notorious for their high number of accidents, often resulting from congestion and poor road design.
The 10 Most Dangerous Intersections in Texas
Tarrant County has a relatively high number of dangerous intersections compared to other locations in Texas. However, Tarrant County roads don’t crack the top 10 most dangerous intersections in Texas, which include three in the Houston area, three in the Dallas area, and two in San Antonio.
The 10 most dangerous intersections in Texas, based on the frequency and severity of accidents:
- Bissonnet Street and Sam Houston Parkway, Houston: This intersection is considered the most dangerous in Texas due to its high number of accidents, congestion, and complex layout.
- Loop 410 and Culebra Road, San Antonio: This busy intersection is known for its multiple lanes and high traffic volume, making it prone to accidents.
- U.S. 290 and FM 1960, Houston: With a high traffic volume and complex traffic patterns, this intersection has a history of severe accidents.
- I-10 and Loop 1604, San Antonio: This major interchange experiences frequent accidents due to high-speed traffic and merging lanes.
- Texas 6 and U.S. 59, Sugar Land: Heavy traffic, multiple lanes, and a lack of proper signage contribute to the high accident rate at this intersection.
- I-45 and Loop 336, Conroe: This intersection is known for its challenging traffic patterns, which often lead to accidents involving both vehicles and pedestrians.
- I-35 and Parmer Lane, Austin: This busy intersection sees high volumes of traffic daily, leading to frequent accidents and congestion.
- Belt Line Road and Midway Road, Addison: The close proximity of businesses, high traffic volume, and complex layout contribute to the high accident rate at this intersection.
- Coit Road and Spring Creek Parkway, Plano: With a high volume of traffic, multiple lanes, and several nearby shopping centers, this intersection is prone to accidents.
- Texas 121 and Preston Road, Frisco: This intersection has a history of severe accidents, with the high traffic volume and complex layout contributing to the danger.
The data regarding these intersections may change over time, as road improvements or changes in traffic patterns can impact their relative danger levels. Always exercise caution and remain alert when driving through any intersection.
Most Dangerous Roads in Fort Worth and Texas
The most dangerous roads in Fort Worth and Texas include:
- I-35W, particularly the stretch between I-30 and Loop 820
- I-20, especially between Loop 820 and US-287
- US-287, particularly between I-20 and I-45
These roads are known for their high accident rates and challenging driving conditions.
Road Safety Measures
To address the issue of dangerous roads and intersections, local authorities have implemented various safety measures, such as:
- Adding traffic signals
- Improving road signage
- Installing cameras at high-risk intersections
These initiatives aim to reduce the number of accidents and make Tarrant County roads safer for everyone.
Avoiding Accidents in Tarrant County
To avoid accidents in Tarrant County, consider the following tips:
- Stay alert and focused while driving
- Obey traffic laws and posted speed limits
- Avoid distractions, such as using your cell phone
- Be extra cautious at high-risk locations
Victim of a Car Accident in Tarrant, Dallas, or Surrounding County? Call us.
If you’ve been involved in an accident on one of Tarrant County’s dangerous roads or intersections, our experienced personal injury lawyers at Varghese Summersett can help. We’ll fight for your rights and work tirelessly to secure the compensation you deserve. Call us today at 817-207-4878 or contact us online.
FAQ: Most Dangerous Roads and Intersections
The most dangerous intersection in Texas is located in Houston, at Bissonnet Street and Sam Houston Parkway.