Texas Interstate Car Accident Lawyer, Serving All of Texas
Interstate car accidents in Texas are often very serious incidents because of the typical speed involved.
Most Texas interstates have speed limits between 65 and 80 mph, so collisions can be violent and deadly. Big trucks and 18-wheelers are common on major roadways, adding to the potential hazards. And unfortunately, accidents on Texas’ major highways are all too common, resulting in severe injuries and fatalities.
It’s essential to understand how to react if you’re the unfortunate victim of such an accident. Being prepared and knowing your rights is crucial in these situations.
This article will discuss common causes, injuries, steps to take after an accident, legal options, and how our Texas interstate car accident lawyers can help.
The Varghese Summersett personal injury team has a deep understanding of victim’s rights laws in Texas and has a reputation for relentlessly fighting for our clients. We can help you.
Common Causes of Texas Interstate Car Accidents
Speeding: Excessive speed is a leading cause of accidents on interstate highways. High speeds can make it difficult for drivers to react in time to avoid collisions, increasing the risk of severe accidents.
Distracted driving: Includes actions such as texting or using a phone while driving, which are significant causes of interstate car accidents. It’s crucial to stay focused on the road and avoid distractions to reduce the risk of accidents.
Aggressive driving: Includes tailgating and frequent lane changes, which can contribute to interstate car accidents. Maintaining a safe following distance and being aware of other drivers can help prevent these incidents.
Weather conditions: Heavy rain or fog can make driving on interstates more dangerous. Adjusting your speed and driving style according to the conditions to stay safe is essential.
Common Injuries from Interstate Accidents
Interstate car accidents can result in various injuries, some of which may be severe or life-altering. Here are some common injuries:
Whiplash: Whiplash is a common neck injury caused by the rapid back-and-forth movement of the head during a collision. Symptoms can include pain, stiffness, and limited range of motion in the neck.
Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs): These can occur when the head is struck or violently shaken during a car accident. TBIs can range from mild concussions to severe brain damage.
Spinal cord injuries: These can happen when the spine is damaged during a car accident, potentially leading to paralysis or other long-term disabilities.
Broken bones: Fractures to the arms, legs, ribs, or other parts of the body are another common injury in interstate car accidents.
Steps to Take After an Interstate Car Accident
- Check for injuries: Make sure you and any passengers are safe and assess any injuries.
- Call for help: Call 911 to report the accident and request medical assistance if needed.
- Document the scene: Take photos of the damage and gather contact information from other drivers and witnesses.
- Contact a Texas interstate car accident lawyer: Seek legal advice to understand your rights and protect your interests.
Legal Options After an Interstate Car Accident
Understanding your rights after an accident is crucial. Our Texas interstate car accident lawyer will help you navigate the legal process, negotiate with insurance companies, and pursue a personal injury lawsuit if necessary.
Common Types of Compensation for Interstate Car Accident Victims
Victims of interstate car accidents may be entitled to various types of compensation, depending on the circumstances and severity of their injuries. Our Texas interstate car accident lawyers will help victims seek the following types of compensation:
- Medical expenses: Compensation for past, present, and future medical costs related to the accident, including hospital stays, surgeries, doctor visits, medication, rehabilitation, and medical equipment.
- Lost wages: Compensation for income lost due to the accident, including time missed from work for medical appointments, recovery, and any reduced earning capacity due to lasting injuries or disability.
- Pain and suffering: Compensation for the physical pain and emotional distress experienced as a result of the accident and injuries sustained.
- Loss of consortium: Compensation for the loss of companionship, support, and affection experienced by a spouse or family member as a result of the victim’s injuries.
- Disfigurement and scarring: Compensation for the lasting physical changes, such as scarring and disfigurement, resulting from the accident and related medical treatments.
- Loss of enjoyment of life: Compensation for the negative impact on the victim’s ability to enjoy their life as they did before the accident, including participating in hobbies, social activities, and other aspects of daily life.
- Property damage: Compensation for the damage to or total loss of the victim’s vehicle and other personal property involved in the accident.
- Punitive damages: In cases where the at-fault party’s actions were particularly reckless or malicious, punitive damages may be awarded to punish the wrongdoer and deter similar behavior in the future.
The specific types and amounts of compensation will vary based on the facts of each case. Our Texas interstate car accident lawyers at Varghese Summersett will evaluate your case and help you understand the types of compensation available to you.
How Our Texas Interstate Car Accident Lawyer Can Help
Hiring our experienced Texas interstate car accident lawyer will significantly affect your case. Varghese Summersett will:
- Investigate the accident: Collect evidence and determine the cause of the accident to build a strong case.
- Handle insurance companies: Negotiate with insurance adjusters on your behalf to secure fair compensation for your damages.
- Navigate the legal process: Guide you through the legal process, ensuring you understand your rights and options.
- Pursue a personal injury lawsuit: If necessary, we’ll file a lawsuit and represent you in court to seek the compensation you deserve.
Were You Injured in a Texas Interstate Car Accident? Call us today.
Our team of personal injury attorneys has extensive experience handling all types of car accident cases. We aren’t afraid to take our cases to trial if a settlement can’t be negotiated. Put your trust in us to work relentlessly to win the compensation you rightly deserve.
FAQ: Interstate Car Accidents in Texas
Common causes of interstate car accidents include speeding, distracted driving, aggressive driving, and adverse weather conditions.
Common injuries from interstate accidents include whiplash, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, and broken bones.
After an interstate car accident, you should check for injuries, call for help, document the scene, and contact a Fort Worth car accident attorney.
Our Texas interstate car accident lawyers will investigate the accident, handle insurance companies, navigate the legal process, and pursue a personal injury lawsuit if necessary.
Yes, calling 911 to report the accident and requesting medical assistance if needed is essential. As soon as you’re able, call our personal injury team at 817-207-4878.
Absolutely. Our Texas interstate car accident lawyers will help you negotiate with insurance companies and pursue a personal injury lawsuit to seek the compensation you’re entitled to for your injuries.
It’s best to contact our Texas interstate car accident lawyer as soon as possible after your accident to protect your rights and interests. The sooner our team is on the case, the better we can assist you in winning your rightful compensation.